Primary Care Clinical Pharmacist – Chilliwack
The BC government is providing funding for the Pharmacists in PCN Program, which will see up to 50 new Primary Care Clinical Pharmacists hired by local health authorities and embedded as members of primary healthcare teams within Primary Care Networks (PCNs) across the province. The UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences is leading the first 3 years of this program in collaboration with health authority and community stakeholders. The Primary Care Clinical Pharmacist (Chilliwack) is one of the hires in Fraser Health. More positions will be posted in other communities in the coming weeks and months.
Primary Care Clinical Pharmacist – Chilliwack
We have two exciting opportunities as a Clinical Pharmacist within Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services for our Primary Care Networks located in Chilliwack, BC where you can showcase your clinical pharmacy skills!
The BC Ministry of Health is providing funding for the Pharmacists in PCN program, which will see up to 50 new Primary Care Clinical Pharmacists (PCCPs) hired as members of primary care teams within Primary Care Networks (PCNs) across health authorities throughout the province. The Chilliwack North and Chilliwack South PCNs will soon be onboarding two PCCPs with Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services. The onboarding of clinical pharmacists for these positions is being done in collaboration with the UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and health authority and community stakeholders. The successful candidates will enjoy being able to work closely with patients and prescribers as they perform assessments, make recommendations, and implement care plans. Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, a strong clinical background, and adaptability to process improvements are all key assets to success in these positions.
If you’re looking for an exciting new opportunity to be a part of a provincial primary care initiative, this opportunity may be for you!
Get to know Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services!
We are a collaboration of four premier health employers Fraser Health, Provincial Health Services, Providence and Vancouver Coastal Health. We provide an integrated approach to pharmaceutical care and service excellence to patients, residents and clients. We are committed to investing in your professional development and in creating an environment where you can advance your career.
As a Clinical Pharmacist, you will be providing the following services to your patients:
- Direct patient care: Communicate with patients and the health care team to determine goals of therapy and collect information; identify drug related issues; formulate and implement a pharmacy care plan and monitor outcomes; provide medication information and care transition
- Use your pharmacotherapy knowledge to respond to drug information requests and assist in the development of drug therapy guidelines
- Follow, maintain and reinforce medication use policies and processes to ensure proper and safe dosing, storage, handling, dispensing, and/or administration of medications and compounded sterile products
- Participates in process improvements to ensure compliance with adverse drug reaction and medication error reporting programs, implements safety mechanisms, and continually assesses patient safety during transitions of care
- Contribute to published literature on evidence-based pharmacotherapy
- Provide preceptorship and supervision to pharmacy students and residents
Additionally, we would depend on your expertise to ensure that prescriptions are validated and you would identify safety concerns working with the health care team to resolve discrepancies or problems; documenting discussions or modifications to the medication therapy and dispensing medications.
To join our team you have:
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Valid Class 5 drivers licence and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes.
- Two (2) years' recent, relevant patient care experience, ideally in a team-based primary care setting or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, here’s why you should apply!
We aim to build an environment where you love the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. From the financial advisor handling our health care resources, to the IT professional enabling life-saving data, to the nurse and physician on the front line of patient care, everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
The BC government is providing funding for the Pharmacists in PCN Program, which will see up to 50 new Primary Care Clinical Pharmacists hired by local health authorities and embedded as members of primary healthcare teams within Primary Care Networks (PCNs) across the province. The UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences is leading the first 3 years of this program in collaboration with health authority and community stakeholders. The Chilliwack region PCN Primary Care Clinical Pharmacist is one of several hires in Fraser Health. More positions will be posted in other communities in the coming weeks and months. For more information contact Robin.Cho@fraserhealth.ca.