Facts and Figures
Last updated May 2015.
- Established in 1946
- Current Dean: Dr. Michael Coughtrie
- On September 18, 2012, the new UBC Pharm Sci building (Pharmaceutical Sciences Building) officially opened to the public.
- Degree programs: BSc (no longer accepting new applicants), Entry-to-Practice PharmD (officially starts September 2015), MSc, PhD, Graduate PharmD
- Non-Degree programs: Continuing Pharmacy Professional Development, Canadian Pharmacy Practice Program, Pharmacy Practice Residency, Community Pharmacy Residency
- Current research areas: Genomics and Individualized Therapy, Drug Delivery and Nanomedicine, Health Outcomes and Epidemiology, Pharmacology: From Molecules to Systems, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Affiliated research groups: Neglected Global Diseases Initiative UBC (NGDI-UBC), Collaboration for Outcomes Research (CORE)
- Alumni: 5650
- Faculty: 62.8 (Professors: 19, Associate Professors: 6.8, Assistant Professors: 6, Senior Instructors: 5, Instructors: 5.5, Lecturers: 20.5)
- Staff: 34.5 (Management & Professional Staff: 19, Office & Technical Support Staff: 15.5)
- Postdoctoral Fellows: 10
- Research Associates: 8
- Clinical Faculty: 602 (Clinical Professors: 14, Clinical Associate Professors: 8, Clinical Assistant Professors: 34, Clinical Instructors: 546)
- Undergraduate Students: 883
- Graduate Students: 64 (31 MSc, 33 PhD)
- Graduate PharmD Students: 16
- Continuing Pharmacy Professional Development and Canadian Pharmacy Practice Program: 3,812 registrations in 100 programs representing live, online and distance learning courses. 27 full-time international pharmacy graduate (IPG) participants in two CP3 sessions, and 13 additional IPGs who attended the one-day mock OSCE exam prep.
- Office of Experiential Education: Approximately 1,000 placements per year with the E2P, IPG and regulated technician program. Approximately 600 preceptors and learners are placed in approximately 500 sites.