COVID-19 Information for the Entry-to-Practice Doctor of Pharmacy Program
This page has been developed to provide information for students of the Entry-to-Practice Doctor of Pharmacy (E2P) program only.
Message from Dr. Kerry Wilbur
Dear Undergraduate Pharmacy Students,
As we embark upon the summer, work is already underway to envision a “COVID Term 1” for our Entry-to-Practice PharmD Program for the fall. These Program decisions will be informed by both local and provincial government authorities, as well as UBC-level guidance. In May 2020, UBC announced that its approach to the fall was to “offer larger classes online with selected smaller classes conducted in-person, adhering to physical distancing and other public health requirements”. This obviously impacts mandatory Program courses for each of our pharmacy professional years (class size of 224), as well as professional skills laboratory sections and groups and elective courses. As one of the largest programs on campus, our design plan must conservatively account for virtual delivery alone in a COVID Term 1. We have begun to engage our student body in this process as well and are taking careful consideration to attending to our new first year students.
Like everyone in the province, we are hopeful that the public health situation and guidance for social interaction will continue to evolve to permit in-person encounters more liberally in Term 2.
Kerry Wilbur BSc(Pharm), ACPR, PharmD, MScPH, FCSHP
Associate Professor & Executive Director, Entry-to-Practice Education
Updates – Pharmaceutical Sciences Email Communications
- June 10, 2020 - Congratulations graduates! Celebrate with us at the Dean’s Virtual Reception (E2P PharmD Year 4)
- June 5, 2020: Fall Term Instruction - Entry-to-Practice PharmD (All E2P PharmD Students)
- May 8, 2020: Message from the Associate Dean, Academic – E2P PharmD Graduation, Spring 2020 - Update (E2P PharmD Year 4)
- April 17, 2020: Special Announcement- COVID-19 Information Section on Faculty Website (All Undergraduate Students)
- April 17, 2020: PEBC COVID-19 FAQ (E2P PharmD Year 4)
- April 16, 2020: Message from the Dean – Town Hall Invitation (E2P PharmD Year 3)
- April 16, 2020: Message from the Dean – Town Hall Invitation (E2P PharmD Year 2)
- April 16, 2020: Message from the Dean – Town Hall Invitation (E2P PharmD Year 1)
- April 15, 2020: Message from the Dean - PEBC Update (E2P PharmD Year 4)
- April 14, 2020: E2P PharmD Practicums – PHRM 171, PHRM 271, PHRM 272 and PHRM 371 (Year 1, 2, and 3)
- April 7, 2020: Letter to PharmD Students from Dean Coughtrie (E2P PharmD all years)
- March 27, 2020: Outstanding Practice Experience Hours (E2P PharmD Year 4)
- March 23, 2020: Locker Access Deadline (all students)
Multiple resources from Public Health Agency of Canada, BC Centre for Disease Control
Multiple resources from College of Pharmacists of British Columbia https://www.bcpharmacists.org/
Suspected Cases of COVID-19: Steps to take in the pharmacy (BC Pharmacy Association)
COVID-19: What Pharmacists Know Now Series and Webinars (Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists)
Protecting the Front Line COVID-19 Day-to-Day Questions (Canadian Pharmacists Association)
COVID-19 Guidance for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians (Alberta College of Pharmacists)
Additional Questions and Suggestions
If you have any questions at all or would like to provide suggestions on how the program can better support you during this time, please submit them via this online form and we can try to address any concerns or forward them to units who can.
This is entirely optional and you can submit multiple times. We will review comments on a regular basis.