The Summer Student Research Program (SSRP) provides opportunities for undergraduate students to participate in research conducted within the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences over the summer months.
Program Details and Contacts
Participation in the SSRP program involves:
- Full time work in a research group, with a focus on a particular research project.
- SSRP appointment is for a 12-week period. SSRP students are paid at least $4,767 CDN for the 12-week period.
- SSRP students will participate in the SSRP Poster Competition in early September. This is a great opportunity to showcase your summer research. Top posters receive Faculty awards and recognition at a reception.
- SSRP students also have the opportunity to participate in other summer events, such as the SSRP barbeque, as well as Faculty events and summer athletic teams.
Note: Pharmacy students - your clerkship can be accommodated by the SSRP program. For example, you are not required to work for 12 consecutive weeks as an SSRP participant.
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 12 p.m. (Noon)
The SSRP is open to students in good standing at a Canadian university in a related bachelor's degree program, for example, pharmacy, basic sciences, applied sciences, health sciences, materials science, engineering, statistics, economics, medicine, nursing and more. Students enrolled in an Entry-to-Practice PharmD degree program are also eligible.
How to Apply
Consult the SSRP Project Descriptions (see bottom of page) to determine which projects you are most interested in.
Fill in the SSRP Application Form.
- The SSRP Application Form
- The SSRP Research Statement
- A current curriculum vitae highlighting your education, awards/honours, skills and science-related experiences
- Your most recent university transcript
If you are not a UBC student, please submit one official copy of your current university transcript (sealed by your institution). Please mail transcripts to:
Summer Student Research Program
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of British Columbia
2405 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
2018 SSRP Research Projects
Please note the date of the Project List and check back periodically to ensure you have the most current version, as additional projects may be added prior to the application deadline.