As pharmacists, your involvement in our program helps create opportunities for students to practice their skills in communities across the province. And as a mentor, your guidance has a positive, long-lasting impact on the professional development of new pharmacists.
Community Outreach Supervisor (Pharmacist)
Do you enjoy working with pharmacy learners? Do you currently volunteer in your community? If so, become a community outreach pharmacist supervisor and team up with student pharmacists outside of the conventional pharmacy practice environment.
Why become a Community Outreach Supervisor?
- Share your knowledge and experience with student pharmacists.
- Engage in professional development opportunities.
- Strengthen your affiliation with the University of British Columbia with a clinical appointment.
- Inspire others to support community initiatives through education and learning.
- Complement your practice with new ideas for research and patient care.
- Collaborate with students and health care providers from other disciplines.
- Make an impact in your community.
Specific responsibilities and requirements
- Review presentation content and materials prior to outreach activity
- Supervise student pharmacists at a health clinic, community or senior's center etc.
- Provide guidance and support to student prior, during and after outreach activity.
- Provide feedback and support to the student pharmacist.
- Minimal time commitment required to participate.
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of BC.
- Outreach activities can range from two to four hours.
- Outreach activities may occur on weekdays, weeknights or weekends.
- Activities may take place in your community or at UBC.
- Work with year 1 to year 4 UBC student pharmacists.
- All student outreach requests are coordinated and supported by the Faculty.
- Ample lead time provided to supervisors for all outreach requests.
- Ongoing support by Faculty once supervisor and student(s) have been matched.
- Activity and outreach examples: Interdisciplinary Clinic-CHIUS, Chronic Pain Workshop, OTC Safety, Diabetes Prevention & Management, Skin Care, Pharmacy Awareness Month, Seasonal Allergies, Heart Health Clinic etc.
To register or learn more, please contact: