To be considered for admission to the Flex PharmD program, we must receive your completed application by the deadline. Read the following carefully to ensure you meet all deadlines and requirements.
This information pertains to the Winter 2020/21 admission cycle.
Step 1: Apply to UBC
Deadline: December 1, 2019
Fee: $70.50 CAD
Application to the Flex PharmD program is completed online and includes a non-refundable UBC application fee and a supplemental application fee. The same application is used for both September and January intakes.
Current UBC students (who have completed the BScPharm program) can access the Change of Program application online, via the Student Service Centre (SSC): https://ssc.adm.ubc.ca/sscportal/servlets/SRVSSCFramework. The Change of Program form is located under the Registration tab.
Former UBC students can apply online to be readmitted to UBC via the Student Service Centre (SSC): https://ssc.adm.ubc.ca/sscportal/servlets/SRVSSCFramework. The Readmission form is located under the Admissions tab.
Applicants without a UBC ID will need to first create a UBC Campus Wide Login (CWL) login account via: https://account.you.ubc.ca/ubc/apply/apply_now.ezc before applying to the Flex PharmD program.
- After creating your CWL account, log in to UBC online applications and click on "Apply". Start your application by selecting the Flex PharmD. The details for this navigational pathway are as follows: 1) select "Apply to UBC" 2) select "Apply" 3) select "Undergraduate Degree Programs" 4) under "First Program Selection", choose "Vancouver" from Campus, and finally 5) choose "Flex PharmD".
- Complete the admission application form. You will be prompted to pay for your UBC application fee before submission.
After successful submission of your online application, you will receive a confirmation with your UBC student number. Please make a note of this number, your CWL and password.
At a later date, your application will be checked by a member of the Undergraduate Admissions team, and you will receive an email with instructions on submitting your academic transcripts, proof of English language proficiency, and supplemental application documents. The function to upload your supplemental application documents to your UBC application will be enabled at this time.
Step 2: Supplemental Application
Deadline: December 15, 2019
As part of the application process, applicants to the Flex PharmD program are also required to prepare a supplemental application.
The purpose of the supplemental application is to help the admissions committee determine your eligibility for an interview, the final stage of the admissions process. Please consider this when preparing your personal statement, CV/resume, and supporting documents.
Step 2a: Complete the Supplemental Application Form
The Supplemental Application Form will be available on your Student Service Centre (SSC) homepage. The application form is where you will:
- Submit your personal statement
- Provide details of your current registration status
- Indicate your preferred start term
- Pay the supplemental application fee. Please note, the supplemental application fee is required to complete your application.
Step 2b: Upload Additional Documents
The following documents and fee are required for the supplemental application. Documents are to be uploaded directly to your application through the SSC. On the SSC home page, select the “Admissions” tab, then “Document Upload” to upload your documents.
Note: only one file can be uploaded per category so if you are submitting multiple documents per category, you will need to merge the documents into one file.
- Proof of registration as a pharmacist in BC or eligibility for registration in BC.
- A current curriculum vitae, including all your pharmacy work experience: Sample Hospital Pharmacist CV | Sample Community Pharmacist CV;
- Supporting documents that are intended to provide the admissions committee with examples of your work, achievements, and activities in which you are engaged. Supporting documents should enhance your application and provide context to the information you included in your Personal Statement. Examples of supporting documents can be consultations, drug information requests, SOAP notes, presentations, publications, etc. Please remove personal identifiers of patients and other health professionals. (Maximum 20 pages)
All documents and supplemental application fee must be submitted by the supplemental application deadline.
Step 3: Submit Academic Transcripts and Proof of English Language Proficiency
Deadline: December 15, 2019
You are required to submit the following documents to the Undergraduate Admission Office before the deadline:
- Official post-secondary transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if English is not the primary language of instruction at your home university. Please refer to UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.*
Note: UBC and UBC Okanagan students do not need to submit UBC transcripts.
The University of British Columbia
Undergraduate Admissions Office
2016-1874 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z1
Any questions concerning transcripts or English language proficiency requirements should be directed to (604) 822-3014, or toll free within Canada at 1-877-272-1422.
*Proof of English language proficiency must be provided by the transcript deadline for the Flex PharmD program in order for your application to be considered further. This deadline is specific to the Flexible Doctor of Pharmacy program despite conventional UBC Undergraduate Admissions processes.
Step 4: Evaluation
Timeline: December 2019 to February 2020
Your application will be evaluated after all required documents are received. Admission evaluators will review your transcripts to determine if you meet the admission requirements <link to the new “Admissions Information” page> of the program and the admissions committee will review your supplemental application package.
This process takes a significant amount of time and resources to complete. During this time we may not be able to provide updates on the status of your application until a decision is reached.
Step 5: Interviews
Timeline: March to April 2020
An interview is required for selected applicants. Interviews will be held in March and early April and may be conducted in-person or virtually. Our office will contact you in late February should you be asked for an interview.
Step 6: Admission Decisions
Timeline: April 2020
Final admission decisions will be communicated to applicants in April 2020. You will be notified via email regardless of the outcome. Please ensure that your contact information is current in the SSC.
The Program will extend offers of admission to well-qualified students who demonstrate the academic potential and motivation to become medication therapy experts. In the selection of applicants, preference is given to well-qualified residents of British Columbia who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. The admissions committee may also give preference to well-qualified applicants from underrepresented areas in the province. The program will give consideration to new and experienced pharmacists who demonstrate their academic suitability in the admissions process.
Accepting an Offer of Admission
Successful applicants will receive an offer of admission with an acceptance deadline. Acceptance deadlines cannot be extended. Admission offers cannot be deferred.
A $2,000 non-refundable acceptance deposit fee is required to hold your spot in the program. This deposit is payable upon accepting an admission offer. Acceptance deposits will not be partially or fully refunded if an applicant changes their decision after accepting an offer.
Admission offers are conditional on the basis that the successful applicant is currently in good standing for active practice. Successful applicants will be required to provide a certificate of standing, or a notarized letter attesting to their status of good standing for active practice, in the jurisdiction of which they are currently registered. Admission offers may be revoked if the applicant is not in good standing for active practice and the $2000 acceptance deposit will not be refunded if paid.