How to Apply
2018-2019 Application Cycle
For the 2018-2019 application cycle, all residency programs in Canada will be using a single online application process administered by CSHP. This application portal is called Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service (PRAMS).
The Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service (PRAMS) will begin accepting applications for the 2018-2019 residency year on September 1, 2017. Information on PRAMS, can be found here.
- Application Opens: September 1, 2017
- Application Closes: October 16, 2017
- Non-refundable BC Programs application fee: to be determined shortly
- CSHP Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service Fee: to be determined shortly
Selection into a BC Pharmacy Practice Residency Program is competitive. Applications will be assessed by the BC Pharmacy Practice Residency Program Committee based on the following criteria: letters of reference, undergraduate/entry-to-practice academic record, previous pharmacy experience, electives, interest in pharmacy practice or hospital pharmacy as a career, communication skills (written and verbal), work ethic/attitude and organizational skills. Upon application review, the applicant may be offered an interview. Interviews will take place in early December.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Prior to the start of a hospital residency, all residents must show proof of membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists and maintain membership through the period of the residency year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Present yourself at the interview as you would for any important interview: neatly dressed and on time.