How to Apply
2019-2020 Application Cycle
The Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service (PRAMS) will begin accepting applications for the 2019-2020 residency year in mid-August. Information on PRAMS, can be found here.
- Application Opens: Mid-August, 2018
- Application Closes: October 15, 2018
- Non-refundable BC Programs application fee
- CSHP Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service fee
Selection into a BC Pharmacy Practice Residency Program is competitive. Applications will be assessed by the BC Pharmacy Practice Residency Program Committee based on the following criteria: letters of reference, undergraduate/entry-to-practice academic record, previous pharmacy experience, electives, interest in pharmacy practice or hospital pharmacy as a career, communication skills (written and verbal), work ethic/attitude and organizational skills. Upon application review, the applicant may be offered an interview. Interviews will take place in early December.
Other Important Information
- Prior to the start of a hospital residency, all residents must show proof of membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists and maintain membership through the period of the residency year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Present yourself at the interview as you would for any important interview: neatly dressed and on time.