Health Care Professional Services
We offer expertise in evidence-based medicine, therapeutic decision-making and drug therapy problem-solving. We use this expertise in respectful collaboration with health care colleagues to optimize drug therapy outcomes for patients.
Patient-centred. Experienced. Integrated.
The Pharmacists Clinic engages patients in their own health care management, and fosters collaboration and communication between health care professionals. Here's what we can do for you and your patients:
Timely access to expert pharmacists by referral.
Patient referrals to the Pharmacists Clinic are processed within two business days. Patient consultations are provided in person or by telephone, with initial appointments scheduled for 60 minutes.
Services are provided at no cost to you or your patients.
Services are funded in part by the Ministry of Health and in part by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Evidence-based care plans.
You receive drug therapy recommendations and practical implementation plans aligned with current best practices.
Follow-up services, action and results.
We support you and your patient to successfully implement monitor and adjust drug therapies for optimal results.
We offer an effective way to care for patients with:
- multiple drug therapies (polypharmacy)
- sub-optimal drug therapy outcomes
- adverse drug events, drug sensitivities/allergies
- a need to start or stop a drug therapy
- patient adherence or compliance issues
- questions about medications or other products
- complex health conditions (e.g., diabetes, uncontrolled pain)
- reduced liver or kidney function
- advanced age (frailty)
- recent discharge from hospital