Residency programs in Canada use a single online application process administered by CSHP. This application portal is called Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service (PRAMS).
A link to the application, annual deadlines and current fees can be found on the PRAMS site.
Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service (PRAMS)
- Application Opens: August 8, 2022
- Application Closes: October 14, 2022
- Non-refundable BC Programs application fee
- CSHP Pharmacy Residency Application and Matching Service fee
Fees and Application Requirements
Selection into a BC Pharmacy Residency Program is competitive. Applications will be assessed by the BC Pharmacy Residency Program Coordinators. Upon application review, applicants may be offered an interview.
Following the interviews applicants rank their preferred programs and are matched based on the PRAMS algorithm.
All BC Programs offer interviews at the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences in early December. The Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences coordinates and schedules all BC program interviews. Individual programs may offer virtual or in-person interviews and some programs may offer interviews at additional locations. Interviews are offered in late November.
Other Important Information
- Prior to the start of a hospital residency, all residents must show proof of membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists and maintain membership through the period of the residency year.
- Successful applicants are required to pay a UBC registration fee prior to the start of their residency. In 2022 this fee was $98.02 and the fee is reviewed annually.