Practice Educator Support
Are you a first-time practice educator? Have you been clinical faculty before but want to improve the way you interact with your students? Below, you'll find information on how the OEE can help you develop and maintain a great practicum experience.
We want to support you in offering the best practical experience possible for your student. Here's a snapshot of the support that's available to you as a practice educator:
- the OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre (this is our online resource centre for practice educators)
- library access to UBC Online with Campus Wide Login (CWL)
- our Teaching Skills for Pharmacy Practice Educators booklet (available in the OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre)
- face-to-face workshops
- the OEE office—always available for advice or support via phone or email
The OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre
At the OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre, you'll find our course materials for the various practicum courses as well as a series of videos and self-paced learning modules (Practice Educator Development Modules) designed to provide guidance and training for new and current practice educators on a variety of topics. The videos are from previous workshops facilitated by the OEE and hosted on-site at the UBC Pharm Sci building. Each module or video can be used as a learning goal for the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia Professional Development Assessment Program (PDAP).
More about the Practice Educator Development Modules:
- These online modules are designed to provide guidance and training for new and current practice educators. They'll help you develop teaching strategies that will inspire your learners, enhance their experience and prepare them for practice.
- Available to all pharmacists in BC, the Practice Educator Development Modules are self-paced, so you can enhance your coaching and teaching skills while at the same time balancing your direct patient care responsibilities.
- The modules offer simple, clear navigation. Because they're self-paced, you have the option to start and stop the module at any time, letting you pick up right where you left off. Each module takes about 30 minutes. Reflection components throughout each module tie in with PDAP and can be used towards learning goals, as well as building your understanding of the concepts and applications.
Ready to get started? Create your free online account by visiting the OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre. Once you've registered, the Practice Educator Development Modules will be made available to you, as well as the video series for practice educators.