Practice Educator Support
Are you a first-time practice educator? Have you been clinical faculty before but want to improve the way you interact with your students? Below, you'll find information on how the OEE can help you develop and maintain a great practicum experience.
We want to support you in offering the best practical experience possible for your student. Here's a snapshot of the support that's available to you as a practice educator:
- the OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre (this is our online resource centre for practice educators)
- library access to UBC Online with Campus Wide Login (CWL)
- our various guidebooks including the Teaching Skills Handbook, Assessment of Student Learning guidebook, Peer Assisted Learning in Pharmacy Experiential Education guidebook, and The Near Peer Model in Pharmacy Experiential Education guidebook (all available in the OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre)
- face-to-face workshops
- the OEE office—always available for advice or support via phone or email
The OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre
At the OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre, you'll find our course materials for the various practicum courses as well as a series of videos and self-paced learning modules (Practice Educator Development Modules) designed to provide guidance and training for new and current practice educators on a variety of topics.
More about the Practice Educator Development Modules:
- These online modules are designed to provide guidance and training for new and current practice educators. They'll help you develop teaching strategies that will inspire your learners, enhance their experience and prepare them for practice.
- The modules offer simple, clear navigation. Because they're self-paced, you have the option to start and stop the module at any time, letting you pick up right where you left off.
- Each module takes about 30 to 45 minutes, and all modules are currently CE-accredited.
Ready to get started? Create your free online account by visiting the OEE Practice Educator Resource Centre. Once you've registered, the Practice Educator Development Modules will be made available to you, as well as the video series for practice educators.
OEE Student Toolbox for Practicums
We also encourage you to familiarize yourself with the OEE Student Toolbox for Practicums. While intended for our pharmacy students, it is useful for you to direct your students to the site and review it with them. Click here.